Home » True-Life Tales

What a Weekend! (Part 1)

Written By: Jodi on December 17, 2007 One Comment

Actually, it wasn’t even the whole weekend, just Friday and Saturday. But it was packed with action and drama. I think I’ll have to write this in parts or it will be way too long!

Friday, my husband and I went to Omaha for a tennis exhibition. Andy Roddick and Serena Williams. More on that later.

We left the kids with their grandparents and they were later taken to their cousins’ house to spend the night. This is the first time I’ve really let go of my kids – had them traveling around without us and not being in control or at least knowing exactly where they were at any given moment. Their cousin who is almost 13 babysat them for part of the night while her parents were out. She was *so* excited! :-)

We tried calling that night to check on them, but the phone just rang and rang. That was odd since 1) they should have been there, and 2) they have an answering machine that should have picked up if they weren’t. I tried a couple of times but the same thing happened. I tried their cell phones, but there was no answer there, either. I finally wound up calling my mother-in-law, knowing that if something had happened she would most likely know about it. She hadn’t heard anything and suggested that maybe their electricity was out. I knew they would have called us if something was wrong so I decided to just give them a call in the morning and hopefully everything would be working again. I was surprisingly calm about this whole thing, when not long ago I would have been freaked out by it. I have changed so much in the last year or so!

Anyway, when I tried calling in the morning I figured out why we couldn’t reach them. I’d been calling the wrong number! That explains a lot, doesn’t it? My husband had the wrong number programmed into his cell phone. Oops! We’d been calling an eye doctor’s office and they did answer the phone in the morning. Apparently they aren’t open at 11:00 pm on Friday nights…and have no answering service, either. After getting the correct number from my mother-in-law, we found that everybody was fine. Which I knew, but it was good to have confirmation at that point.

So that’s how the kids’ portion of the whole thing went. Next post will be about our experiences. :-) I need to take a typing break first. I’ll explain why in that next post!

Digg this!Add to del.icio.us!Stumble this!Add to Techorati!Share on Facebook!Seed Newsvine!Reddit!Add to Yahoo!

One Response to “What a Weekend! (Part 1)”

  1. Nancy says on: 29 December 2007 at 11:59 pm

    Hey there, I would have NEVER found you here had it not been for my trusty sitemeter. :) I enjoyed reading about your antics/adventures. LOL

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Hope we can talk soon,
    love you,

Leave a Reply:

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

© 2005-2024 Homegrown Hearts All Rights Reserved